- What information do you collect? – Outline the types of personal information that you collect from customers. This includes home address, e-mail, phone numbers and credit card numbers.
- How do you collect the information? – Disclose how data is being collected to show you have nothing to hide.
- How do you use the information? – Include background on how you share customer information with third parties such as to process orders.
- What control does the customer have over their personal information? – Customers need a way to contact your business and control their personal data. Plan to include a direct phone number or e-mail address that customers can use to manage their information.
- How do you protect the information? – Explain how you protect customer data including, but not limited to, website encryption, limiting employee access to sensitive customer data, and server security.