To help businesses strengthen relations and build trust, BBB offers the following six tips:
- Start from the inside out. Focus on your employees. Employees are the backbone of a business and taking time to communicate with them daily, could help foster a positive company culture. Remember, employee respect is just as important as customer respect.
- Get to know your vendors. To help build trusting relationships with vendors right from the start, review lists of BBB Accredited vendor companies at SearchBBB.org. Choosing vendors who are committed to ethical behavior will help create strong, lasting relationships that could, over time, ensure you are getting the best service for your buck.
- Protect your customers’ identities. Make sure all customer information is handled properly and securely. Ensure your business is protected from a security breach by having the right security measures in place.
- Advertise honestly. Adhere to established standards of advertising and selling and always represent products and services truthfully, including clear and adequate disclosures of all terms and conditions.
- Connect on social media. While many businesses use social media for marketing, these platforms provide great opportunity for engaging the online community. Connecting with consumers and organizations on social media can create awareness about your brand and help build trust.
- Be a community advocate. Participate in the betterment of the community. Customers are loyal to businesses that are involved in programs that support their local community, such as philanthropic groups, chamber organizations and business networks.